A funeral is a ceremony held to remember someone who has passed away. The order of service for a funeral may vary depending on the traditions that people follow. Here is a simple order of service for a funeral:
- The ceremony starts with, the person in charge of leading the service greets everyone with a welcoming message.
- A song is played or sung to start the ceremony.
- To start the service, a prayer or reading is given.
- A family member or friend may give a speech to honour the person who passed away, share memories and celebrate their life.
- A passage from a holy book or a poem may be read.
- There is a time for guests to think or offer a moment of silence to honour the deceased.
- The ceremony ends with final words of comfort and farewell as the body is prepared for burial or cremation.
- The ceremony concludes with a final song or hymn.
- A final blessing is offered to close the service.